Wednesday 2 September 2015

Soft Toy Elephant

As you probably already know by now I like making toys and last month when I found a book about making soft toys I knew I had to start planning for some serious toy making! The book is from the 70's but these models doesn't get out of fashion which is great.

The pattern pieces for these toys were drawn in miniature size on squared paper in the book and I had to do my own squared paper were each square was 2,5 cm *2,5 cm to get the natural size. Then I tried to copy the drawings of all pattern pieces the best I could on my own natural sized squared paper.
It was a new way for me to get the pattern ready, I have only used Burda patterns before and there you don't have to re-size anything or draw by hand, so this was exciting and fun!

I chose the elephant pattern because I thought it was so very cute. I calculated how big the final toy would be and thought it might get too big so I chose to make my squares 1,5 cm instead of 2,5 cm. That resulted in the little elephant you see in the pictures. It was a little tricky to sew and then turn the fabric inside out, especially around the trunk area, so I decided to make one more elephant in the original size which resulted in the big elephant in the pictures. I think they both turned out good and I am pleased with them both. The filling is a white fluffy 100% polyester fuzz, but according to the book small pieces of cloths is good to use too.






3 comments:

  1. Hello Very Nice your Blog and Keep Update for more information Is your baby in love with the elephant soft toys? Why not. Have a look at the elephant soft toys for babies. Elephant Soft Toys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Very Nice your Blog and Keep Update for more information Looking for a stuffed animal elephant? Check out the baby elephant teddy now. Stuffed Animal Elephant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Very Nice your Blog and Keep Update for more information about Buy elephant soft toy big. Check out the elephant soft toys online. Elephant Soft Toy Big

    ReplyDelete