Saturday 6 June 2015

Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

What would be better than celebrating Saturday with baking carrot cupcakes?! Well, I didn't have a good answer to that question so I stepped into my kitchen with happy feet and started making some :)

Beacause I personally think that frosting that contains only icing sugar and butter is a bit too sweet for my taste, I wanted to try this frosting because I have heard cream cheese frosting is not as sweet. However, I found that this frosting also is a way too sweet for my taste so for future cupcake baking I will spread my wings and do some serious digging on the Internet to find a frosting that is very fresh, creamy and not so sweet. 

This recipe is originally from Leilas homepage but I will also give it in English here in this post - YAY!
 Carrot Cupcakes
3 eggs
270 grams of sugar
180 grams of flour
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 teaspoons ground ginger
150 ml sunflower oil
450 grams grated carrots
Cream Cheese Frosting
65 grams of soft butter
300 grams of icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
100 grams of cream cheese 
  1. Put the oven to 175 Celsius.
  2. Beat the eggs and the sugar until pale and fluffy.
  3. Mix the dry ingredients and turn into the egg mixture.
  4. Stirr in the oil and carrots.
  5. Put paper cases on a tin and pour in the mixture until the cases are two-thirds full.
  6. Bake in the centre of the oven for 12–15 minutes. Leave to cool.
  7. Make the frosting by mixing together the ingredients until creamy.
  8. Spread the frosting on top of the cupcakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment