Saturday 13 September 2014

Chess Pattern Cookies

Chess is a difficult boardgame. I have always wanted to be good at it but I haven't really given it a good try, and I know I don't have the patience for it. Well, maybe chess is one of those things I just should let be undone and focus on other things I know I am good at :) Baking for example...!
This time I baked chess pattern cookies, and even though I can't understand the chess game, I understand these little darlings and their lovely taste.
I usually prefer to drink tea instead of coffee, but this time I tried coffee with these cookies and I must say the flavors of the two fit together nicely. Yum yum!


Chess Pattern Cookies (50 pieces)

4 1/2 deciliter flour
1 deciliter white sugar
200 grams margarine or butter
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa

Warm the oven to 200 Celcius.
Mix flour, sugar and margarine in a bowl with your fingertips and form a dough.
Divide the dough in two.
Mix one part with vanilla sugar and the other one with cocoa in two different bowls.
Divide each part in two so now you have two pices vanilla dough and two pieces cocoa dough.
Make all four parts to four rolls, about 20 centimeters long.
Lay one cocoa roll next to one vanilla roll and use your fingers to lightly pull them together.
Put the next two rolls on top of the two first rolls, so now when you look from the short side of the roll package you will see them forming chess squares.
Cut into 4 mm thick slices and put them on oven plates covered with baking paper.
Bake in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment